Search This Site
News :: VS artists earn top honors at Wamac Art Fair
· 9:41pm April 20th, 2014
Vinton-Shellsburg High School artists took top honors at the Wamac Art Fair Wednesday in Vinton. Teachers Ann Diedrichsen and Chris Juhl helped several students prepare a variety of projects for the judges.
In addition to earning its fifth straight "Best of Show" in 3D, VS also earned the 2D Best of Show award.
Brittany Lovekin-Merrifield's dragon earned the 3D honor; Dalton Bonesteel earned the 2D honor with his large colored pencil self-portrait.
Other VSHS winners include:
* Brea Burroughs, second place, fiber/book arts;
* Olivia Oltrogge second place, and Alyssa Bunge, third place, sculpture;
* Brittany Lovekin-Merrifield, first place, and Amanda Dedrick, second place, ceramics, sculptural;
* Destiny Swallom, second place, printmaking;
* Kaitlin Isbell, second place, graphic design;
* Bonnie Duong, first place, and Jacey Cummings, second place, digital drawing;
* Ashley Eden, second place, oil painting/oil pastel
* Dalton Bonesteel, first place, colored pencil drawing;
* Meranda Sanders, first place, pastel/charcoal/crayon drawing;
*Kevin Bee, third place, ink drawing;
* Dakota Smith, first place, Brelynn Beck, second place, and Emily Cashman, third place, mixed media 2-D;
* Sara Siglin, first place, mixed media 3-D.
One lonely egg....
AmeriCorps helps DNR clean up after fire near Vinton; policy review continues