Photos (1) View All
Plastic bins placed on a hot stove were the cause of this fire call Friday morning.

The Vinton Fire Department responded to a report of a fire in one of the dorms that house AmeriCorps NCCC members at around 845 Friday morning.

A member of the custodial staff said she had been preparing to mop a kitchen floor, and had placed plastic bins full of metal pans on a stove top, not realizing that someone had left the stove on.

Firefighters removed the appliances and used large fans to clear smoke from the building.



Submit a Comment

Please refresh the page to leave comments.

Still seeing this message? Presh Ctrl + F5 to do a "Hard Refresh".

Comments (0)


To receive each day's headlines to your inbox sign up for our email updates.