Search This Site
News :: Boomtown basics: How to best enjoy this weekend's fireworks event
· 1:09pm August 22nd, 2013
It’s time!! The I.P.A. is ready, your Boomtown committee is ready…the question is:
“Are YOU ready?”
Quick things to remember with our 7th Annual Boomtown event:
1. The best way to enjoy the show is AT the show. Grandstand seats and Boombox seats are available
2. If you use our lawn seating, there are no tents allowed.
3. This is NOT a place to bring your pets.
4. Pets left at home should be in an interior room with music or the television ON.
5. JUST IN CASE, you may want to take down any precious momentoes from your walls/shelves
6. There ARE fireworks on Friday; however, it is the IPA President’s Challenge and individual competition. It will make for some INCREDIBLE viewing!
7. We have 13 food vendors from all over the state coming, so bring your appetite!
8. We have a live band on Saturday, so bring your dancing shoes.
9. We have inflatables for the kids, so bring your family.
10. We have the BEST seats in Iowa, so bring your camera!
11. This is outside, so bring your blankets and your bug spray.
12. Our finale is particularly “entertaining” this year, and if you, or a family member has sensitive ears, BRING EAR PROTECTION.
13. This is the annual meeting for all of the Iowa Pyrotechnic Association, so please bring your patience when driving….these are our guests.
14. HAVE FUN, YELL, CHEER, and BE THERE!!!
Gates open at 4:00 on Saturday
Tim and Jean Schmidt join Iowa 4-H Hall of Fame
Vehicular homicide suspect back in jail after alcohol arrest; bond now $500,000