Search This Site
Events and Activities :: Salsa contest; 50-foot banana split at Aug. 7 Farmers Market
· 10:36am July 25th, 2014
Salsa Contest on August 7th at Vinton Farmers Market! And Blessed Hope Church will be Providing 50 foot Banana Split!
The Vinton Parks & Recreation Department Farmer’s market season will once again host the annual Salsa Contest. The contest will be held at the August 7th market but all interested people need to register by August 5th at the VPRD office or call 472-4164 to sign up.
The rules of the contest are simple:
1. Individuals may enter both types of salsa; mild or spicy/other
2. Home cooks only. Not for businesses or resale people.
3. Must use fresh ingredients as much as possible.
4. Must submit approximately one quart to the market for sampling and judging on Thursday at 4:15 pm.
5. At 5:30 pm on August 15, winners will be awarded in two categories: mild or spicy/other.
Awards will be given to the champions. No monetary awards, this is just for fun! After judging is complete, all market goers will get a chance to sample the salsas entered.
On August 7th, we are very fortunate to have Blessed Hope Church providing a 50 foot Banana Split that they will be giving away starting at approximately 6:00 p.m.. Mark this date on your calendar to enjoy all the fun.
If you have any questions about the market or are interested in entering the competition, contact the VPRD at 472-4164. You can also visit our website at vprdzone.com for weekly activities and vendor registration forms
Children's Bible Story Hour continues on Tuesdays